PAFE endeavors are conducted in a collaborative environment; the Administrative Assistant / Event Coordinator will work closely with PAFE Executive Director, Programs Director, Board Members and community volunteers to sustain the high-quality reputation and donor response that has become the hallmark of the Panhandle Alliance for Education. Reporting to the Executive Director, this hire will be asked to perform a range of duties including administrative support, data entry and donation stewardship, committee meeting minutes, reports, bank deposits and special projects / events as needed.
This is a part-time (20 hours per week) hourly position. Occasional early morning, evening and weekend work may be needed to support special meetings and events. Pay will depend on experience.
General Administrative Support:
- Assist Executive Director as necessary with office administration and daily operations.
- Manage bank deposits and create invoices as needed for the accounting office.
- Produce, manage and retain donation reports.
- Engage as needed within committees, take minutes at meetings, and complete action items as needed.
- Update basic information on the website and social media sites.
- Develop draft communications, presentations, and other materials as needed.
Data Entry and Gift Stewardship:
- Coordinate activities that support donor relationships including database management, meetings, events, grant exhibitions, and school tours.
- Enter data of all philanthropic donations to PAFE.
- Correspond with supporters through thank-you cards and year-end tax letters. o Manage database, and generate reports for mailings and event communications.
- Run and develop basic donor reports as needed.
- Manage the administrative details of events including a Summer Gala, Teacher Grant Awards Ceremony and Holiday Appreciation Party.
- Provide support for event committees including meeting minutes and timelines, catering, logistical arrangements and the organization of volunteers.
- Manage the invitation process and track reservations.
- Coordinate on-site logistics for event set-up and execution.
- Work with contracted professionals for various services in order to optimize PAFE fundraising efforts.
- Team player with outgoing and professional personality – able to work collaboratively and independently to ensure job requirements are met.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence and competence in learning and using existing and new technologies, including donor database, Google Suite and MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel).