We are looking for a READY! for Kindergarten Director.
We are seeking an individual to direct the READY! for Kindergarten program, a national early childhood literacy program for parents, grandparents and other primary caregivers of children from birth to age five (before kindergarten). The program consists of three sessions of Saturday morning workshops held in Sandpoint in the fall, winter, and spring.
- This is a year-round, half-time position (20 hours per week on average).
- The hourly pay rate will be determined based on experience.
- Sorry, we are unable to offer benefits.
This position requires the ability to organize and oversee all aspects of producing three yearly READY! for Kindergarten sessions. This is equivalent to producing three events per year, with an average of 100 adult attendees and 50-70 children in childcare at each session. Other responsibilities include summer fundraising events and volunteer coordination for special events.
Preferred background and skills:
- College degree
- Several years of work experience, preferably some of it in program management
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive Attitude
- Word processing skills, some experience using Excel
- Works well both independently and as a team member
- Comfortable speaking to groups
- Experience using or is able to quickly learn how to use an email communications platform such as Constant Contact
- Respects people of all ethnic, economic and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to create and lead a well-functioning team
- Committed to the PAFE Mission
- Can lift at least 30 pounds and able to organize materials for transfer by LPOSD warehouse personnel to the Ready! sessions at Farmin-Stidwell Elementary School
The READY! Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow an annual budget for the READY! program
- Market the READY! program to the community
- Oversee all aspects of the three annual READY! sessions (includes set up and break down )
- Supervise and train READY! facilitators
- Supervise and coordinate with the READY! childcare coordinator
- Order and maintain the inventory of READY! materials
- Manage PAFE’s READY! website (we work with a web designer)
- Process READY! registrations both online and by phone
- Recruit and coordinate adult and youth volunteers for the READY! childcare program
- Present the READY! orientation to new attendees prior to each session
- Problem solve as needed with READY! parents
- Manage PAFE’s Book for Babies program, a partnership with Bonner General Health
Other responsibilities include assisting with PAFE summer fundraising events and serving on PAFE committees.
The Panhandle Alliance for Education is a non-profit established to promote excellence in education and broad-based community support for the Lake Pend Oreille School District.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Submit a letter of interest and resume by email to:
- Marcia Wilson: email@example.com